Nov 19, 2011
Twenty questions about Trophée Eric Bompard 2011
Let's (sort of) play twenty questions!
1) Why were there pigeons in the arena?
2) Where on earth did Nan Song come from? I know he's Chinese
3) Am I the only one appalled by the fact that Carolina Kostner won the silver in a Grand Prix event in 2011 with a single triple loop as her most difficult jump, along with about 819487829 double toes in her long program?
4) Are Volosozhar/Trankov's transitions really worthy of 8s?
5) Where did Michal Brezina's increasingly mythical quad jumps disappear off to?
6) Does Alissa Czisny need to think about angels and clouds and being free when she skates?
7) How badly does Patrick Chan have to skate in order for him to lose a competition?
8) What were the judges smoking when they awarded Duhamel/Radford 115.56 with that truly dreadful 3-fall long program?
9) With such a disappointing Grand Prix season, will Didier Gailhaguet and the French Federation soon tear Florent Amodio away from the arms of Nikolai Morozov?
10) When was the last time Vera Bazarova ate something?
11) What happened to Nobunari Oda?
12) Why is Adam Rippon's short program so excruciatingly front-loaded this season?
13) How many times did your mind start to wander when watching Alissa Czisny slooooooowly stalk her jumps in the long program?
14) Who does Michal Brezina think he is? Elvis Stojko?
15) How many skaters would literally kill for jump technique like Elizaveta Tuktamisheva's?
16) Who could have predicted that a nobody like Nan Song has a chance to go to the Grand Prix Final ahead of reigning world silver medalist Takahiko Kozuka and reigning world bronze medalist Artur Gachinski?
17) What happened to Volosozhar/Trankov's triple twist this competition?
18) Which piece of musical mangling hurts your soul more--Florent Amodio's Summertime or Volosozhar/Trankov's Bring Me To Life?
19) Did anyone else notice that a judge gave Alissa Czisny a 4.00 in transitions in the short program? Ha!
20) Seriously, why were there pigeons in the arena?