Irrelevant Information

Jan 5, 2013

Morozombie Hall of Infamy: Michelle Kwan, 2005

Who skated their suspiciously similar Spartacus short program better: Ann Patrice McDonough or Michelle Kwan?





Does anyone actually remember who choreographed Ann Patrice McDonough's Spartacus from the 2003-2004 season? I suspect it's Nikolai Morozov as I believe he choreographed her Swan Lake LP that season, but it's always possible he ripped off the choreography for Michelle Kwan's Spartacus from someone else....


4 comments:

  1. Is it sad that I was there at the 2005 Nationals and I don't remember what Kwan skated to in the SP? Only reason I remember the LP was because it was pure crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's reasonable that you were distracted by the sheer mediocrity of Bolero...

      Delete
  2. Is it bad that I like Michelle's performance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! I like it too. It's just sad that Nikolai Morozov so blatantly ripped off/recycled the choreography. And I find it very shameless that he didn't even wait a year before doing so!

      Delete